Thailand’s tourist magnets deserted and desperate

24.07.2020 - 06:52

The 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, bird flu, SARS, political upheavals, passenger boats sinking. None of these have had anywhere near the effect of this year’s Covid-19 pandemic in Thailand. Visitor numbers, even from the usually enthusiastic Tourism Authority of Thailand, are expected to plummet up to 80% for the year. The other 20% mostly visited the Kingdom in the first quarter before the ‘disruption’. Last year, almost 40 million tourists visited Thailand.

(Tourism, Phuket)

Read the full article at thethaiger.com

This article ...



Add a comment

Have you done your own experiences? Do you have more questions? Simply use our comments function.

Before submitting your comment, please read our information and Terms of Use for comments. By saving your comment you accept our Terms of Use for comments.

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

Questions, corrections, additional information? Contact form

Follow us

Follow us on Twitter

Latest Articles

Sponsor News

Search