Extension of permission to stay based on tourist visa and tourist visa exemption

To apply for the renewal of permission to stay in Thailand form tm7 must be submitted to the Immigration Office along with the documents listed below.

Documents needed for applying for the extension of the permission to stay

  • based on a tourist visa exemption entering the country through an airport or overland (max 30 days),


  • based on a tourist visa (30 day extension, then 7 day)
  1. completed application form tm7 with photo
  2. Passport + copies of relevant pages
  3. Application fee (please inquire)

The following documents or evidence may also be requested by officials

  •     Exit ticket with departure date within the requested extension period
  •     Proof of financial means

The application for the extension of the visas listed above may be submitted at any immigration office in the country.

posted on: 09.07.2012 - last update on: 27.03.2015

This article ...

Add a comment

Have you done your own experiences? Do you have more questions? Simply use our comments function.

Before submitting your comment, please read our information and Terms of Use for comments. By saving your comment you accept our Terms of Use for comments.

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

Questions, corrections, additional information? Contact form

Follow us

Follow us on Twitter

Latest Articles

Sponsor News