Certificate of residence - Residence Certificate

The following documents are required when applying for a residence certificate from the immigration office:

  • Passport and copies of the relevant pages which show personal information and immigration status Entry Card TM6 + two copies (this is not always required, but best be prepared just in case!)
  • Completed form for residence certificate In Thailand res_cert.doc
  • Two recent passport photos
  • 300 THB fee

In addition:

In the case of a rental property occupied by the applicant

  • Two copies of the lease document. Copies of the house book of the landlord (these are apparently not always required, but best be prepared just in case!)

In the case of a spouse owned

  • House book and spouse's passport or ID card + two copies

In the case of a residential hotel room

  • Ask the hotel staff for a copy of the registration form, which they are required to fill for every guest on their arrival and before occupation of the hotel room.

Generally speaking, it can save a lot of running around if you are 'over' prepared with copies of every relevant document, because
sometimes the authorities will ask for one or another document that you might not be expecting to have to produce.

For general information on immigration, click on the link.

posted on: 09.07.2012 - last update on: 02.01.2017

This article ...

Add a comment

Have you done your own experiences? Do you have more questions? Simply use our comments function.

Before submitting your comment, please read our information and Terms of Use for comments. By saving your comment you accept our Terms of Use for comments.

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.

Questions, corrections, additional information? Contact form

Follow us

Follow us on Twitter

Latest Articles

Sponsor News